On January 24th, 2009, the Federalist Society is hosting the 3rd Annual Western Conference in Simi Valley, CA at the Ronald Reagan Library.
Event details are: here.
Conference Title: Federal Sovereignty, State Sovereignty, and the Sovereignty of 562 Native American Tribes: A Match Made in Heaven or Somewhere Less Pleasant?
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
10:15 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Roundtable Discussion: How Comfortably Does Tribal Sovereignty Fit With American Democratic Ideals?
12:00 noon – 1:45 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Panel Discussion: International Law and Indian Law
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Debate: The Apology Resolutions and the Akaka Bill
4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
* Hon. Carlos Bea, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
* John Fund, Wall Street Journal
* Prof. Carole Goldberg, UCLA School of Law
* Dan Kolkey, Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher LLP
* Joe Matel, Legislative Counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee
* Walter Olson, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
* Hon. Diarmuid O’Scannlain, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
* Prof. Maimon Schwarzschild, University of San Diego School of Law
* Hon. Tom Sansonetti, Holland & Hart LLP
* Prof. Alexander Tallchief Skibine, University of Utah College of Law
* Hon. Kenneth W. Starr, Dean, Pepperdine University Law School
$30.00 for all Non-Students
CLE also available for an additional $20.00
Free for Students